1.22.2012

Heart Mommy Dinner

I was able to go to a dinner that a bunch of heart moms had put together so we could meet, get a break and talk. It was not an official IHH event, but we were able to get many of us together nonetheless.

If my thinking is correct, I want to say there were probably about 25-30 of us there. Some of them had already left before we thought to get a group picture together, so some of them are MIA. Sorry!

It was so nice to be able to finally meet these beautiful women. Most of them were "heart moms" like me. In which they also have a child or children with a CHD. Some of them have angels that are no longer with us. There are also "heart kids/adults." One came that was a heart kid herself and one of her children also has a CHD.

It was very informing to be able to speak with these ladies about their children and what they have gone through, and have yet to go though. The strength within these women was palpable and extended to each one even more.

I am so excited that I was finally able to meet some of these women. I look forward to many more activities that we are going to be doing together, and for the love and support I already feel from them.

No comments: