7.10.2012

Painting the New House

Many of you may know but if you don't, we are going to be moving in the next few months. We are no longer able to afford the mortgage on the house we are in since Kollin's mom moved out and we don't have that extra rent payment anymore.
So we are going to go and rent out her basement for a few years!

It is a cute house that Kollin's aunt bought and has been fixing up. The upstairs is looking awesome and they have already started on the basement where we are going to be.
It is a lot smaller than where we are now, but I'm not worried at all. I think it will be very nice and cozy.

We decided to pain our room and the kitchen/living room areas the same colors that we already have at our current house.
I wanted a new color for Tanner's room though, so we chose this.
We were going for unisex since we never know if we are going to have another baby while we are living there, and they will be sharing a room if that happens.
After it was all said and done, it dried a lot brighter than we were expecting so it's still growing on us. There is a chair rail that splits the room in half and we only painted the lower half, so it's not as bright as it could have been.
I forgot to take before and after pictures, but I'm sure I will eventually.

While we were painting we put Tanner down for a nap upstairs in Kathy's room. He was being fussy since I'm sure he wasn't happy about the new surroundings so I left the TV on for him.
I went up and checked on him and he was doing this.... 
Not even sure if he slept at all! Oh well...

No comments: