2.03.2013

Two Years Old

2.

You.
Right up there.
You are my sunshine.

I can't believe a have a two year old! 
I really wish you would just show me where your pause button is.

I'm sure there are so many things going on in your little head right now. I love to watch your brain working and figuring things out.
You are so smart.
When I ask you to go get something from another room, or put something away, you do it! The first time you went and got your socks from your bedroom I was so impressed that you are starting to understand what we are saying. You really like to help me put away groceries and load the dishwasher. I'm hoping that will last, but I doubt it.

You have always been a daredevil. Lately you have been trying to go down the stairs facing forward. I have taught you since you were crawling to turn around and go down backwards. So now when you try to go down forward (sorry, but you're not that good yet), I ask you to turn around. And you do!

Here is a list of all of your words (at least all that I can think of). I have been keeping this list for a long time so some may be repeated from previous posts:
wassat = what's that
ball
dog
ma
mama
da
dada
grandma
bah = bottle
ya
no
don = down
woah
more
done
door
oreo
milk
there it is
gan = again
ka-ka = yucky
please
there he is
ehmo = elmo
donah = donald
tato = potato
bubbles
uh-oh
choo choo
oodee = woody
buh = buzz
I don't know
duck
vroom vroom
tah = thomas
bath

Funny thing about these words of yours. Lately you have been calling ME da. I keep reminding you that I'm not Da, I'm Ma. You still go back and forth a lot with what you refer to me as. But Daddy is always Da! What's up with that?

You favorite movies right now are Cars (1 and 2), Toy Story (1,2 and 3) and Shrek (only the first one).
Your favorite foods are peanut butter and jelly sammiches, applesauce, ravioli, life cereal, spaghetti o's, as well as anything chocolate and suckers.
You love balls, cars and especially trains. We try to make a new train track every day.
You also like to stack blocks, throw balls down the stairs and make someone go get them and push as many of your toys as you can behind the TV. I have to end up getting some salad tongs, squeezing behind the TV and reaching down and picking up the toys one by one.

You are not too big of a fan of naps anymore. For a long time you will actually sleep during nap time for a couple days, and then the next couple days you will be playing in your room for the entire time of your nap. Lately, however, you have not slept during your nap time for up to 5 days in a row. I am not ready for you to not nap yet! At least right now you are still usually content to just play in your room and have quiet time.

You give hugs and kisses when we ask you for them, which is the sweetest thing!

 You are still wearing size 5 shoes, 12 month shirts (they're almost too small) and 9-12 month pants.

Dr. Terashima thinks you are doing great with your speech, understanding and development. That is always good to hear! You have some fluid behind your ears and he thinks it is the ending of a possible ear infection, but wants to check again in a few weeks just to make sure. That was his only worry! Everything else going on in your little body is great!

Weight: 22 lbs
Height: 32 inches

I can't really think of anything else at the moment. I am sure I will add to this as things come to mind.
We love you so much you booger face!
 xoxo Ma and Da.

No comments: