3.22.2015

1 Year Old!

One. Year. Old.
 
What the, how?
 
This went by so fast! You have been such a joy. A high maintenance joy, but a joy all the same. You are still getting into everything you can get your little hands on. You are definitely living up to your name. You have figured out how to undo the child proofing on the kitchen cabinets and drawers. Of course the one you love getting into the most is the one under the sink with all of the cleaners. I bust you every time, and you just laugh at me.
 
You still aren't walking, but that's ok. I've always said I love the crawling stage, and am happy with it lasting so long since we may never have another crawling baby in the house. You have finally started to stand unassisted for a couple seconds at a time. Daddy even said he caught you standing for about 15 seconds the other day. You are getting so close!
 
I just have to mention your hair. It is starting to get longer and it is so cute. You've got these adorable curls in the back and a lot of the time they will wing out over your ears. It is so cute, I don't ever want to cut your hair!
 
We had a pretty lazy day today. We went to IHOP for dinner to at least get out of the house and do something fun on your day. You ate an entire small pancake. When we got home we did a cupcake smash. You weren't quite sure what to do with it, so I smashed your hands into it a couple times. Then you would shake your hands like crazy to get it off. It was pretty cute. You eventually started eating it and got it all over your face, so we got some adorable pictures.
 
You are still nursing and will definitely be very mad for a few days because I really want to stop. Hopefully I won't give in and undo any progress we make, so I hope you'll deal with the frustration from both of us and be good to go eventually.

You now have eight teeth! Four on top, four on the bottom. You were not a happy camper as they were coming in too. All 4 new ones came in almost in the same day. I can't imagine what that must have felt like. Sorry little one.
 
You are still in the same size with everything. Although I'm noticing some of your pants are starting to get  little short. So you are growing a little bit! We measured you on our growth chart today and you are a little over an inch taller than Tanner was at 1 year old. It is so funny to think you are bigger than he was, he was walking, but you still seem so small to me that I can't comprehend you walking or that he was walking at this age. You are still such a baby and I love it.

Weight: 17 pounds 10 ounces
Height: 29.5 inches
 
Happy Birfday little boy! We love you!
 
xoxo
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: