2.17.2012

$40 for some ointment? At least no stitches.

Today Tanner had a bit of an accident. I was pumping and he walked out of the room. The next thing I heard was a crash then crying.
I got to where he was and I saw blood all over his mouth and hands. Kind of freaked me out since that didn't help at all to know where he was hurt.
After I got him all cleaned off, this is what I found...
At first it looked pretty deep and he wouldn't let me look in his mouth to see if he got cut in there as well.
I called Kollin since he had my car and luckily he was already almost home from work.
We took him to KidsCare just to see if he needed stitches it not. Better safe than sorry!
We got there and waited for about an hour and were finally seen. The Dr said it didn't need stitches (yay!) and gave us a little thing of antibiotic ointment that was also over the counter.
It was really nice to know that he didn't need stitches, but it was sad that we had to pay the $40 copay just to get a thing of ointment that we could have picked up for just a few bucks. Sheesh.
So happy he is OK and hoping it doesn't scar. We'll see!
This is also my first post from my phone, so we'll see how it turns out!

No comments: