4.01.2010

Honest Scrap

So I have been given the Honest Scrap Award by my good friend Callie, and have been challenged to list 10 honest things about myself, and then award it to 4 other people.

So here it goes... This isn't going to be easy.

1. I played piano for 11 years of my life. I hated it for the first 9 or so, then grew to love it. I'm sure it had to do with my piano teacher that I switched to right around then. The only thing I regret is quitting when I did. It was my own fault. I was too wrapped up in my personal life, that I never practiced anymore. So ended up just deciding it was a waste of my teacher's time, and my mom's money. I wish I never did that. I'm sure it was disappointing on all three of our parts.

2. I am so scared that my mother is disappointed in me. When she was sick, I remember mentioning to her that I hope she wouldn't be. She said she could never be. But I don't know, now that she knows EVERYTHING. But I am comforted to know she still loves me.

3. I want to go to the Louvre someday. Everyone else in my family has been at least once. I would love to experience what they have, and see where all the roots of their stories are coming from. To be surrounded by so much culture from the past and present... wow.

4. I love to dance. Every weekend, unless I am out of town, you will see me on the dance floor of the club I have been going to for over 12 years.

5. I hated dancing when I was younger. My parents put me in ballet when I was little, and I'd have to say that was one of the worst experiences of my young life. Probably where my self exteem and self image issues stemmed from.

6. Anyone that knows me, knows that I love animals . There was one point where I owned a dog, 6 ferrets, 2 turtles and countless frogs and toads. I've greatly toned it down now, and just have my 1 baby, Chloe.

7. I am quite the shoe junkie. I have way too many pairs of shoes, that I don't even know what to do with them. I haven't even been able to find room in my new house for over half of them. They are currently in 2 of those huge bright orange garbage bags in my garage.

8. I am adopted, and proud of it. I cannot imagine the strength and love that my biological parents had for me to be able to give me up to complete strangers. That they knew that they could not provide the life that they wanted for me, and that I got that life with my wonderful family!

9. Oh ya, that mole that was removed? Came back negative and normal. So I am completely (mostly) healthy! w00t!

10. I am happier now, than I have been in probably the last 15 years. My life is finally starting to get back on track. I have a job that I enjoy, I have a stable home, and I have found the most wonderful man that is my other half in every way. He has been one of my best friends for years, and I can't believe I am dating him. He takes care of me, he supports me, and he loves me almost as much as I love him (although he will argue who loves who more).

Now I would like to award the Honest Scrap to:

Erika Earl

Elizabeth Marsh

Katie Hutchison

Andrea Cannon

Have fun!

1 comment:

Callie said...

It's a good thing we aren't the same size of shoes, otherwise you might just have one small bag in the garage instead of two big bags ;) Oh and you did this fast! I love learning more about you!