1.14.2011

So Unexciting... Well Maybe a Little Exciting.

I've been trying to think of something to write about, but have had absolutely no luck. I have been so unmotivated the last couple weeks, so I am feeling pretty useless. But I want to try to stay caught up on these final weeks of pregnancy, so I'm sorry if this is a boring post. I am waiting to hit another nesting period so I can attack the house and the baby's room before he gets here. There is so much I want to do in there and organize, but I am just too tired lately. Apparently I've been having a bunch of Braxton Hicks contractions lately, and didn't even know it! My Dr. told me to be expecting them if I haven't had any yet at one of my appointments a few weeks ago. Last Friday, Kollin and I went to Area to hang out with some friends that we hadn't seen for far too long. One of them has just recently had a baby and could not get enough of my belly. It was so cute! She kept asking if it was ok to rub my belly, and that she didn't want to annoy me. But I really didn't mind, and I was just plain getting a kick out of her excitement. Anyway, back to the Braxton Hicks... As she was playing around with my belly, all the sudden she ripped her hands away and started to apologize. I didn't know what she was freaking out about and asked her what was wrong? She told me that I was having a contraction! "I am?" You can't feel that?? "A little, but I just thought that was the baby rolling over or something..." Nope, that's a contraction. And she showed me how when my belly feels all hard the way it did, that it was indeed a contraction. Who knew!?!? Apparently not me. At least it's good to know that I barely notice them, and they don't bother me at all. Although I know that real contractions and labor will be completely different, so I might as well enjoy the Braxton Hicks while they last. lol The other night I actually went to bed at the same time Kollin did (which never happens). I was so tired and ready to just fall asleep. But of course, once I was in bed I couldn't get comfortable and couldn't fall asleep. So I got up to go watch some TV and hopefully be able to fall asleep on the couch, which for some reason I am getting pretty good at. As I left the bedroom and started to head down the dark hallway, I had completely forgotten about the baby gate that was still set up in the hallway from when we had Jaedyn. The baby gate has a door that opens in the middle of it that we just keep open. But... it is a little bit raised off the ground to avoid the floor board, and there is still part of the gate that juts out from the walls even with the door open. With this being said, being the clumsy pregnant lady that I have been for the past few months, I SLAMMED my belly right into the corner of where the door was open, and SMASHED the top of my foot underneath the bottom of it! I hit with such force, that I dropped my cell phone on the hardwood floor and made a huge commotion. I was so afraid that I woke up Kollin, I ran back into the bedroom and told him I was ok and not to worry about that big crashing sound he just heard. Apparently he didn't hear the CRASH, but got startled awake when I started talking to him. Woops! The top of my foot has been a little swollen since then, but is finally feeling better today. My belly, on the other hand, is still really sore where I hit and a bruise has finally appeared. It was strange, for the first couple days there was no trace of where I hit other than it was really sore when I would touch it. But now (4 days later) a bruise has finally popped up. Weird. I haven't been too worried about the baby after all of this for a few reasons. 1) The side of my belly where I hit is the opposite side of my belly where he has been laying. 2) I know how protected they are in there, and that other mothers have been through much worse and their kids were perfectly fine. 3) Since I already had an ultrasound scheduled, I had the ultrasound tech double check for me just for kicks. I can deal with me being bruised, limping and in pain as long as I have the peace of mind that the gummybear is ok. I had another couple Dr. appointments earlier this week. One was another ultrasound to check on the size of the baby's head again. (I got pictures, but have been too lazy to scan them) Everything looks fine, and that he just has a big head. The calculations showed that his head is measuring at 37 weeks, and his body at 34. I feel better about it this time, since I'm 36 weeks and his head is only a week ahead. My last ultrasound was when I was 32 weeks. His head was measuring 35 weeks and his body 32. That kinda freaked me out. But it is good to know that everything looks fine on the inside and outside of his head, and that it is not too big. My other appointment, I had my Group B Strep test which I will get the results for in a couple days. Even if I have it (30% of women do), it's not a big deal. Just means I will have antibiotics pumped into me during labor through an IV to protect the baby when he comes out. No biggie. My Dr. also checked my cervix to see how I was measuring. He was telling me how he wasn't expecting much, if anything with me being 36 weeks, and that we shouldn't be expecting me to go into labor for another 2 to 3 weeks.... Until he was actually checking me. Apparently right now I am a loose 1cm (which he says is almost 1 1/2cm) dilated, and 75% effaced! He was a little surprised by that, and said that I will most likely go into labor earlier than he thought. Probably around 2 weeks! I figure as long as I can keep him in there for 1 more week and get to 37 weeks, I will be full term and can pop him out at any time as far as I am concerned. I am done and want to meet my gummybear! I can't wait to see what he looks like, that he is healthy and finally be able to start this new phase of my life. Surprisingly enough, I haven't been that uncomfortable lately. My hips and pubic bone haven't even been as tender as they were. I still get sore and uncomfortable every now an then, especially when I am trying to sleep, but it hasn't been nearly as bad as I was expecting. I am wondering if I have been thinking way too into it, and expecting so much more pain, that all the hype I have expecting isn't really as bad in reality. Or maybe I'm just getting used to all of the aches and pains, and just zoning it out at this point? I dunno, but I'm not complaining! Well that is everything that has been on my mind and going on lately! Hopefully I can get another post or 2 in before the gummybear makes his debut, since I have no idea when I will post again afterward. Guess we'll find out!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Love the update! Sorry to hear about your foot and belly but I'm glad everything else is going well and that you're hanging in there. I can't believe your little guy could be here that soon...I'm only a week or so behind you but it still doesn't feel real that our babies will be here before we know it. I was so sad I had to miss out on the big Cannon fam baby shower for you but I have a gift that I need to get to you one of these days.