12.30.2011

2011 in Review

This has been one crazy, wonderful, terrifying and spectacular year. It has also been one of the scariest, worst and best years of my life.

I don't know how Kollin does it but each year with him has gotten better and better. Given that we've only been together just over 2 years, but still! It is making me look forward to many many more years to come with him and our little family that we are creating.

It is so strange that when I try to think back before Tanner was born, I can remember those times but it seems like Tanner has always been in my life and I cannot remember a time without him. His birth was the happiest day of my life so far and now that he is almost 11 months old and thriving, I have been able to begin getting to know him and see him as an actual person with a personality.

It is hard to believe that just a couple days after he was born we could have been told that he would be taken from us far too early. That first week of his life was by far the most difficult and terrifying seven days of my life. Not many years ago there would have not been anything the could have done but send him home with us and keep him comfortable until he passed. I am so thankful to live in this day and time when we was able to be saved and I got to keep my little Tinman.

The rest of the year with Tanner's health has fortunately been uneventful. Other than him getting bigger every day and turning into a little boy way too fast for my liking.

Our wedding day was the other biggest highlight of this year. It is such a wonderful feeling to know that we are officially a family for the rest of our lives, and have the goal to be an eternal family in the future.

I can't believe this year is already over. There have been so many things that have happened this year, I am forever grateful for every experience.

Let's see what this next year has in store for us!

1 comment:

Kelley @ I Forgot To Socialize The Kids! said...

This is how last year was for us with vash. You sure are a strong mama, Ali! And Tanner is so stinking cute, I cannot wait to meet him!